The teams at WARank and Toolsy are pleased to announce a partnership through which they will help connect those suffering from various forms of addiction with healthcare professionals through their website, VictoryOfLife.com. The site launched on August 1, 2020 and will be targeting those with alcohol and drug addictions of all types.
Addiction Statistics in The United States
Addiction in America kills thousands and impacts the lives of millions every year. Whether it’s drugs, alcohol or another substance, the consequences of addiction are extremely harmful. Without proper treatment, addiction poses a significant threat to an individual’s health and safety, while also having the potential to destroy families, friendships, careers and more. Below are some statistics as reported by the National Institute on Drug Abuse:
- Approximately 21 million American adults battle a substance use disorder, yet only 10% receive treatment.
- According to 2018 data, roughly 1 million adults aged 65 and older live with a substance use disorder.
- Over the past 20 years, more than 700,000 Americans have died from overdosing on a drug.
- It is estimated that drug and alcohol addiction costs the United States over $600 billion per year.
- Age plays a huge role.
- Over 90% of people who have an addiction began using drugs or drinking before the age of 18.
- Americans between the ages of 18 and 25 are most likely to use addictive drugs.
- In 2017, 34.2 million Americans committed DUI, 21.4 million under the influence of alcohol and 12.8 million under the influence of drugs.
- About 20% of Americans who have depression or an anxiety disorder also have a substance use disorder.
“Having grown up in a family scarred by addiction, this project hits home.” said William Gee of WA Rank. “Through our combined efforts and experience, our mission is to help people and families heal. The vicious cycle of addiction in America must end.”
“We are extremely excited to join forces on this project.” Said, Toolsy CEO, Matthew Khorsandi. “The fact that so many suffer from drug and alcohol addiction is unacceptable. If we can make the connection between those in need and those who are trained to help, we can slowly break cycles of addiction that run deep in our communities. That’s our goal. Coming from a long lineage of health and medical professionals, and having both parents as medical doctors, I’ve always had an interest in public health and this venture presents an opportunity for me to participate in a positive way.”
The site will not only target those who are actively seeking help but will also feature an aggressive inbound marketing strategy through rich content specifically designed to help people break habits and avoid the triggers that cause relapses.
Victory Of LIfe has reached a preliminary agreement with eLocal.com who, for more than 10 years, has been connecting businesses with customers actively looking for them. eLocal.com will serve as a conduit between Victory Of LIfe visitors and trained professionals who are equipped to help those who need help.
Victory Of LIfe is a collaboration between Matthew Khorsandi (Toolsy), Floyd Mitchell (Toolsy), William Gee (WA Rank), and Randy Myers (Operation Web). The group represents over 30 years in search engine marketing and web design.
If you or anyone you know are suffering from addiction, visit https://www.victoryoflife.com